Snow Wind Light

This was taken during an extremely cold windy day on the![snowabstractNPNedit|690x459] coast of Mooselookmeguntic Lake western Maine. There was a large amount of snow covering the water and the wind had created wonderful designs in the surface and the light had created nice shadows and highlights. No cropping this is full frame.

I took many images and it was so hard to pick one but I believe this fits the abstract challenge for this week.

Any constructive input is appreciated. That is why I am here. Thank you

Camera info: Nikon D500, Nikon Lens 70-300mm, F/4.5-5.6, my setting were; 1/2500sec, F5.6, ISO10

This is the edited using luminosity mask.

Norma, this looks great. The shapes are shown off very well by the shadows. The 3D nature shows beautifully. You’ve got some good drama here. If you use luminosity masks, you might add some contrast to the brighter regions (which would maintain the brightness but darken the shadows) and see if you like the results. I like the overall blue tone. Looks like lots of fun.

If you add the weekly tag, it’s easier for someone (including the moderator) to gather all of the posts for a given week’s challenge together.

Great textures and lines here. The blue color balance works well. If you do adjust contrast, it won’t take much. I think you would want the sense of soft light to be maintained.

In the large view the upper part looks slightly soft. You might consider selecting that area and sharpening it just a bit.

I like this a lot, Norma.
–P

Outstanding abstract with fascinating lines, shadows, and color. I agree about the soft area on the top but it’s not distracting to me.

I like the diagonal thrust of this, Norma, also the snow textures and the shadows.

Norma: Well seen, composed and captured. I especially like the cool tones. Nicely done.>=))>