Snowing and Reflecting

I went out in yesterday’s gentle snow to see if I could make a “cold” picture. The snow clinging to trees and continuing to fall did make it nicely very wintry. I though the mix of bare trees reflecting as seen through falling snow might work. I though about making this b&w, but like how the greenish tones add to the cold feeling. (5D3, 24-105 @ 70, 1/160s, f/11, iso 800)

2 Likes

A nice reflection photo, Mark! The bare trees establish the season and the snowfall is what makes it cold.

Oh, very nice (and cold). I love the texture the falling snow gives to the scene. The greenish tones are perfect.

This is so beautiful! Looks like a painting.

This is so much like @Bonnie_Lampley 's recent picture, but with color. I like the feeling the color is adding here. Feels like a dreary winter day. The color does change from top to bottom. I’m not sure why.

@Igor_Doncov the color changes because the lower portion is more shaded, which lets the green tones in the water show through while sky reflection dominates the top. Those green tones are very common in local rivers during the winter.

1 Like