Snowmelt Dreams

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and all.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Panasonic G9, Olympus 75mm (150mm), 1/4s, f/5.6
I used TK Panel for Luminosity Adjustments in Photoshop. I used Topaz Sharpen as final step.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram

@michaeltomcalphoto

Michael,

I really like the texture in the water - good choice in shutter speed. I also like the “steps” in the stream and how it pulls the eye through the frame.

I think it’s clear you were attracted to, and wanted to showcase the cascades. I think for me, I’m wishing for a bit more of the scene. The color on the UR tells me this is autumn and I’m wanting to see more!

This is of course subjective, but I might pull back on some of the blues and cyans in the water. I know it’s a fine line because there ARE those colors present, especially when you get in the shadows - but also these water are snow melt and there is often a turquoise tint to the water. I would say though that some areas in the water are more blue and/or cyan. again, that’s subjective.

A refreshing scene making me long for autumn.

Lon

Thank alot @Lon_Overacker! I found I have a connection to forest streams. Believe it or not this was taken two weeks ago with snow patches on the ground in places still!

I saw blue and I tried to massage the blue into how I saw/felt it in this mountain forest stream. Im gonna keep this as is. Appreciate your thoughts all the same.

I have more scene in other shots thankfully (may process and post one of those later) but I wanted to see what was possible with the tight shot.