Snowy Egret

It gave me a look, but just kept on foraging. This was taken from a road over a small drainage ditch at low tide. The object to the right of the Snowy is a Horseshoe crab remains. The rest of the bottom is various shellfish and trash.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything that catches your eye.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

My goal was to show the common presence of a beautiful bird in a stark and coarse environment.

Any pertinent technical details:

Camera Info: Nikon D500, HH, Braced in SUV window
Lens: VR 300mm f/4E
Focal Length: 300mm
Focus Mode: AF-C
AF-Area Mode: Dynamic, 25 points
VR: ON
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter Speed: 1/1250s
Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority
Exposure Comp.: 0EV
Metering: Spot
ISO Sensitivity: ISO 800
73% of full frame
PP in LR/PS CC 2018, Topaz Detail and DeNoise, TK sharpen for web @ 50%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

You achieved your goal. The scene has a somewhat apocalyptic feel to it. I could see this as a black and white, but leave in the yellow of the eye and lores. The water in the left upper corner tends to draw my eye. Oh, and a very nice detailed shot of the Egret.

Nice light, very good detail and the eye is right on. The white bird really stands out from the environment. I think you accomplished your objective.

I’m enjoying the light. Good contrast here between the bird and the natural environment. Well exposed with superb detail

Very well done, Phil. The bird is beautifully rendered and your depth of field shows off the environment very well. I would consider a small crop to remove the bit of water in the upper left corner.