Snowy grand landscape

I find this small scene partly covered by snow, and I liked it. As a part of a learning process, I tried to understand why, but where not able to actually tell. There is no main subject, no intriguing pattern…

Seeing that today´s weekly challange is dusted by snow, I decided to post the image to hopefully get some feedback.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Not only is this a very fine image, but it also fits the topic quite nicely. I really like this. The moss helps us to understand the subject matter. If it were removed, and there were no moss, green or otherwise, it would look like the top of a very moldy pastry.

Strong texture, colors, and contrast are likely answers. And I disagree, I think there is an interesting pattern. It’s not a uniform repeating pattern, but more of a varied pattern instead. It’s enough to get me studying all the interesting elements within it. The green moss creates a strong anchor point, the image would be nowhere near as interesting without it.

I also quite enjoy the color combination of white and brown/rust/yellow. I’ve seen images with this color combination from the American southwest with winter snow, and usually find it very pleasing. Nice work Ola, this works great for me.

I think it has interest with lots of shapes and texture…for a small scene with detail this would be better for me if all sharp, top to bottom…

I find this image to be somewhat disturbing. I’m not sure why that is. I like it very much.

This has to be my favorite @Igor_Doncov quote of all time.

As you said in another post Igor, it’s better for the photographer to create feelings of negative emotions, than to create no reaction at all.

2 Likes

Ola, you have a fine mix of textures, shapes and colors throughout the frame. The greens are a nice surprise that complement the overall tones of brown well. My view of abstracts is that ones where the viewer’s eyes keep moving throughout the frame, with occasional spots where they rest briefly work the best. In this shot, the rest spots are the dark areas and the greens.

@Dan_Kearl, @Igor_Doncov, @Ed_McGuirk, @Jim_Gavin and @Mark_Seaver thank you for stopping by and giving comments.