Soft Lit Leaf

A sun ray made it through to the center of this sea grape tree to illuminate this one leaf.

Sun ray coming down
Sea grape leaf receiving light
‘I’ captivated

Specific Feedback Requested

Always happy to hear feedback and see examples of any suggested edits.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Edited this a while ago with digital filter. Edit: After looking at what ‘digital filter’ means that may be inaccurate. The edit was a preset which contained some ‘glow’ and ‘soft’ settings.

2 Likes

Simple beauty at its best. Love what you got here, the light on those leaf makes a beautiful subject and some gorgeous soft tones.
If i had to change anything would just clone out those bright spots on the top left part of the image, other then that its a eye candy. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you @João_Ferrão for the helpful suggestion and encouragement.

I second @João_Ferrão in his compliments and suggestion. Beautiful light and beautifully simple.

Well seen and captured Ben. Leaf veins are always favorites of mine and this illuminated one appears to have a tree skeleton imbedded in it. My only nit would be to clone out the little bright spots in the upper left; they tend to draw my eye away from the main event.

I think this is your most artistic image you’ve posted so far. I would probably add more saturation to the veined yellow leaf. A bit more. It’s got a mysterious quality with the light leaf popping out of the darkness. Well seen.

Suggestions for the future. Use the dark as part of your composition more. Arrange the patterns in the dark area to complement your main subject.

Thanks @Igor_Doncov for the encouragement, the idea to up the saturation a bit, and for the suggestion about the dark. I will experiment with these ideas.

The ‘embedded tree skeleton’ idea is neat. Yes, the dots are easy to clone out I agree - funny how such a small detail can pull attention. Thanks @Jim_Lockhart and @João_Ferrão for pointing it out.