Softness updated

I was out at the Tucson Botanical Gardens looking for flowers since winter here that is a rare site. I found this one and focused mainly on the yellow area. With this lens I always so a series from f/1.6 to 11, unless it is a bright object because a halo forms until stopped down to 2.8

Specific Feedback Requested

I like the room on the right side, but wonder if it is too much. A vertical crop did not seen to work, not enough room next to the flower. Any throughts

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 60D ii Lensbaby velvet 56 this one was at f/5.6 (f/4 did not quite cut it) 1/100 iso 250 on a tripod

This is an unusual specimen, Dean. I like the Lensbaby effect! I would maybe suggest dialing back the red saturation a little. As for the framing, if you have Photoshop, you could try using Content-Aware Crop to expand the left and top edges a little, giving the flower a little more room. With the nice creamy background you have here, I would think that would work well. Interesting shot!

Thanks for the input @Mark_Ali. I pulled back the red a bit. This was cropped in LightRoom so I could adjust it. I picked a square crop when seem to do ok. I did a small post crop around the corners

I do like this crop better. Looks good!

Dean, I do like the repost. The colors are better, and the square crop (which is what I was going to suggest before scrolling down and seeing that is what you had done) really works well here, I think. You are doing well with that Lensbaby, I think. I never was that good with it, so gave up on it.

Actually @Shirley_Freeman, I am still not great with this lens, most are toss. I know what I want when I see the flower, just getting there is the trick. When spring comes, I will have more targets. I thought of getting some to practice with