Song Sparrow and re-post

I liked the background on this one and the bush just starting to bud. I cloned out some branches coming in from the left side and some dead foliage.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm. 1/640 at f6.3; ISO 200

1 Like

Allen, it looks like you caught him in mid note of his song. I also like the background and the budding tree.

1 Like

Thanks, @Shirley_Freeman. Yes, he/she was singing away and I chose the shot with the mouth opened the widest.

1 Like

Well composed with very pleasant BG, detail, color, and exposure.

1 Like

Superb detail in the sparrow and I love the singing pose, Allen. The head turn is perfect. As long as you were cloning on the left, I think you could lose the rest of the out of focus stuff in the Lower Left Corner and that one in-focus bud sticking in, which for some reason really draws my eye.

1 Like

I echo the comments already given. Caught in the midst of action perfectly!
If I may suggest, clone or crop the bottom left - that twig does catch my eye :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the comments. Here’s a re-post with the suggestion that the lower left corner be improved. Originally I just cloned the foliage out, but the dead space seemed to much(hence the withdrawn post above), so I just cropped that area out (with some cloning as well). Does it work?

Yes it does
Now you may want to try cropping the Right 5% or so - there giving the bird more space to its right - you may have to clone that bright twig in the top 1/4 on the right
BTW, the 2 main branches frame the bird very nicely!

1 Like