Sparkle Glen Affric

Glen Affric, Highlands, Scotland

Things are really starting to liven up in Scotland with Autumn truly just around the corner the birch are turning to gold and the bracken in that tri-phasic state of moving through the traffic light colours of summer green to amber to autumnal rust red. Glen Affric has a delightful mix of cool evergreen conifer and Scots Pine and deciduous colour. A little light rain fall gave the spikey pine needles a glitter which is emphasised with canopy diffused backlighting. Looking forward now to the Autumn Fall proper.

This was taken on a nostalgic day out with my old Pentax 67II, 90-180 zoom at f5.6 at around 1/125 second on Fuji Velvia 50, scanned on my old Nikon 9000ED medium format scanner unit…

3 Likes

Ian, what a beautiful composition of light and dark. No comments to give just admiration !

Ian, the light is perfect here in bringing out the traffic light colors you mention. A very nicely presented scene… :sunglasses:

btw: as a member of Photrio there is a discussion about “Peak” film processing lab that has recently closed down. Mention of not only processing supplies but also like all businesses the lack of personnel support as well. Curious as to who you’re processing thru in the UK if not doing the E-6 yourself.

Hi Paul

I use another processor which is a former employer of that company he now works exclusively from home and collects the film from the parent company. He does my 120 film processing of E6 for ÂŁ4.00. That is an exclusive offer that was made to me only and I usually send him the film when I have accumulated 20 rolls. In exchange he makes the occasional print for himself from one of my transparencies that he likes. He is quite a character he often includes feedback especially if he feels the roll is slightly, (half a stop over/under), incorrectly exposed.

For the record I think they are better, dust and watermark free, and new chemicals at least on my relatively long run of films.

Company is called AG Photographic in Birmingham
Tel 0121 366 0016
https://www.ag-photolab.co.uk/

Thank you Ben glad you enjoy it.