Sparks Lake Sunset Panorama

Initial Post

Re-do

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is another image from my recent weekend in Bend, OR. I had a booth at the Bend Summer Art Festival downtown. There was some great cloud action in the afternoon. After I packed up my booth, I hightailed it up to Sparks Lake to catch the sunset.

Specific Feedback

All feedback welcome

Technical Details

Two frames, f/16, 0.6 secs, ISO 31. Nikon Z7ii, Nikkor 24-120mm @ 44mm. Processed in Adobe Camera Raw and PS.

You had some nice light and good clouds for this fairly iconic composition. Color saturation is a personal preference but for me I feel the colors are too strong, particularly the yellows. No doubt the public at the art fair like it that way. There is a very slight lean of the image in the clockwise direction that I would correct. I like the composition and the tonal separation of trees from the bg.

@Igor, thank you for your critique. Looking at your website I see that you are not a fan of vivid colors. As you said, personal preference. I did go back to the image I posted and dial down the color saturation in the warm colors a wee bit. I also tried to correct the clockwise lean you mentioned. It’s a little tricky here but the straight line I think is the edge of the lake where it meets the mountains. Mainly I’m just happy that I was able to be at Sparks Lake with these conditions. Unlike you, I don’t live in Bend! :grinning: