Spiral Staircase

Been a bit quiet here on Non-Nature, so thought I’d post a pic.

I was looking for a shot for the weekly challenge (Novel Composition) and came across this image. Since it’s non-nature, I decided to share it here. This is the staircase of the Cape Blanco Lighthouse in Southern Oregon. I had to lay on the floor underneath to shoot sort of straight up. Hard to do with impatient visitors.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

15mm, 1/50 sec @ f/3.5, ISO 1600

Think this is super kewl! Reminds of MC Escher and how he could make things look so many ways in just one shot. Love it! :star_struck:

1 Like

Thank you, Julie. I never considered it an Escher look, but I can see it now. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just happened to come across this , David. Neat shot!

1 Like

Oh the lengths we go so to get the shot we envision. I can only imagine how irritable some individuals would be that they had to wait a few extra minutes before climbing the many steps to the top.

I’m particularly drawn - as I am sure you were - to the shape of the staircase. I would consider darkening down the image overall and dodging in the staircase by quite a bit to really bring out their shape. Perhaps not as much on the walls but certainly on the platforms and the stairs themselves.

1 Like

Great shot David! I’ve done this several time and each one is slightly different. I like how much of the staircase you included in the shot down to the lower left. Really gives the eye something to start with and then flow around as you look up.

Well done!!!

1 Like

Wonderful shot, David. I just love the alternating patterns of the stairs with holes/solids. A compelling image.