Stairwell

Taking this image was like photographing in a slot canyon. You really don’t see all these colors until you look at the camera’s LCD. To me it was just all gray, but the camera was clearly seeing the colors from the different light sources that I missed. I brought them out in Photoshop, of course, just like I’d do in a slot canyon image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Also like a slot canyon image, I’m trying to balance the brightness and saturation of the various colors. The yellows feel a bit strong yet, but maybe that’s because there’s some much of this color.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

I think the colors are fine, even the yellow. What I really like is the perspective. It’s difficult for me to get a grasp on it. I rotated it 90 right, and it is even more interesting. As usual, very well done and very creative.

Super cool composition and colors. I love the repeating lines and geometric shapes. I love the warm tones throughout and the bit of blue in the corner. The yellow is a nice counterpoint to the blue, no changes needed. Congrats!

This looks really good, Tony. Given the lack of any norm in the image, the colors work really well. There is no “reality” to make them look out of place or context. I quite like it.

This, to me, looks like a modernist work of art. The most unnatural color is the blue but it’s also my favorite in the image because it adds some welcomed color contrast. Once again… Hitchcock comes to mind for how everything reduces to infinite darkness.

Hi Tony.

The diagonal produced by the corner elements does it for me. Also the change in colors from red to yellow overtones is pretty cool too. Awesome image of an often overlooked scene…Jim

WOW! The shapes and colors are glorious! The yellow on top and peach below are so unexpected and wonderful! The colors are understated but strong, and the touch of blue is so nice.

The OCD being lurking in some corner of my brain has to wonder about another version where the UR corner is pulled straight out and the LL straight down, to make the steps rectilinear – just for fun! But I have no objection at all to the way it is – there is no obvious distortion – just some subtle and natural perspective. So well seen!!