Spot-bellied Eagle Owl

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon 5D IV; 500 mm; ISO 4000; 1/400 sec. at f 4.

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, very nice image with a strong composition. I like seeing the perch as shown with the backdrop of leaves. Critical sharpness on the subject looks good. Great to catch the eyes wide open and peering at us. well done.

1 Like

A very good composition and excellent image quality. Amazing job on the noise for that iso and a relatively “old” camera.

1 Like

Oh what an intriguing face! Owls have such specific feather adaptations. This one looks so distinguished, yet kind of clueless. Hapless maybe? Probably not. Whatever it eats is probably hapless. You could tone down the greens a bit if you wanted. They are super bright and grab attention before the owl does. I really like the light and the perch. How big are these?

1 Like

Thanks @Kris_Smith , good suggestion !

Here’s re-post with toned down greens.
This owl must be around two feet tall.

1 Like

Love it! And they are huge, too. The eyes remind me of Barred Owl eyes here - dark pools of mystery. They probably miss nothing.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
This Spot-bellied Eagle Owl, looks like it’s giving you a disapproving expression. Very nice framing and I like the first post better. ( more punch around the Owl’s eyes)
Peter

1 Like

Amazing species, Jagdeep. Love the whole setting and the fact that the image has a light finish. Nice work, Hans

1 Like