Spring Garden

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 18, 1/320 @ f10, ISO 400

A shot taken about a year ago, looking strangely prescient of our current lockdown. This used to be the vegetable garden of the local parsonage, but is now replanted from time to time for public viewing. The arrangement here is of a formal garden of the early twentieth century.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very lovely quaint photo Ian. Such an idealistic day, sure wish I could be there now. Nice capture.

Ian: There is a lot to like here with the flowers, trees and sky all working together beautifully. Makes me want to go sit on that bench and just enjoy. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Ian, this is a lovely view of this beautiful (and beautifully maintained) garden. It sure does look inviting.

What a beautiful garden to wander around in Ian. Looks like you’ve captured most of it without having sections cut off on the sides, so well-balanced and detailed. Lots of interesting things in this shot, makes me want to jump in and explore. Just glad I don’t have to maintain it, lol.

Someone did a masterful job of the garden design, planting and maintenance, Ian, and you did equally well photographing it. If you could have backed up a step and cleared that small bed on the right a touch more, it might have been a small improvement, but I like this a lot as posted.

This would be a great place to sit and contemplate the state of today’s world and hopefully discover ways to fix it. A lovely garden design and photograph.