Spring has arrived

When the Skylarks are back, Spring has come. When not high up in the air, they tend to sometimes perch on the flowerbeds - which makes for interesting settings. Thanks for viewing, more shots can be see on my blog post [https://www.hansoverduin.nl/spring-and-singing-skylarks/] . Have a nice weekend !

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D850 | 1/3200s | f5 | ISO450 | overexposed 2/3EV | handheld while in awkward position between the flowers

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
4 Likes

You’ve got to be kidding me. Spectacular. Those in-focus flowers are just so, so good. And the green strip in the upper BG is a great compliment. The small-ish bird in the frame work perfectly in this photo. My only nit is that I think you could add some blacks to the bird. I’d select it and just run a levels adjustment. Incredible photo.

Hans, Another spectacular image among many that you have posted over the years. They really are exceptional, and this one is at or near the top. Of the Skylark images recently posted on your blog you have chosen the best although all others are nearly as gorgeous.

that is one gorgeous background, Hans. Your low angle and shallow depth of field worked wonderfully in this image.

Hi Hans, a magical image! ditto all the positive comments above. Congrats on this one!!

Hans,

I would love to have this on my portfolio. Gorgeous. Just stunning. No nits at all.

A beautiful shot; not much more to say.

I too like this capture a lot however, I am really drawn to the large logo in the lower right. I wish it wasn’t there competing for my eyes.

Lovely shot Hans, love the pinks.

Hi Hans–another wonderful shot provided by you. The pinks are a nice feature and the skylark stands out quite well from the flowers………………Jim

This is an absolute beauty, Hans! Congratulations, a splendid and dreaming image…

Well deserved Editor’s pick. Wonderful shot.

Thanks all for your reactions & thanks editors for picking this image :slight_smile: ! Cheers, Hans