Skylark on Cloud 9

As we are currently in a partial lock-down, I try to do my outings at dawn. The best guarantee to be on my own. Since I don’t fancy driving around a lot these days, I resorted to my usual this-time-of-year photo-options, which is the flower beds. The farmers look at a loss of income this seasons as export of flowers and bulbs have dropped by over 90%. The birds however don’t know about all this and continue with their normal behaviour - which is good to see. This shot was taken this morning in first light and I made quite a series of this bird and moment. Which was good, since it was the only good chance the Larks gave me this morning. Stay healthy ! Best from The Netherlands, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/640s | f4,5 | ISO280 | handheld
Additional information: yesterday I ventured out with de Nikon D850 with the 1.4 extender, but I feel that the images taken with the D500 and without the extender are of better image quality. Just as a side note.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Really sweet image with your signature DOF. Wonderful color and detail. Those long rows of flower beds are perfect for you.

1 Like

Really enjoy the color palette and the softness of the foreground and background. Nice look at the bird as well.

1 Like

Beautiful, Hans. Sorry to hear about the flower growers. At least the bulbs will keep. There’s a lot of economic suffering going on right now. Stay safe.

1 Like

Yes, they are indeed :slight_smile: !

Really lovely image. The color palette is so soothing. Really enjoy the use of the OOF foreground to emphasize the bird. Nicely captured.

1 Like

Such a pleasing image, Hans. The soft foreground and background of the beautiful color of flowers is very soothing, and then to have the bird perched on them is a sweet bonus. A difficult time for many all over the world. Glad you could get out early and get this wonderful shot. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Hans
As always, this is another great photograph. The soft for-ground and great color and detail make a lovely photograph.
Peter

1 Like

What a lovely color palette, with the golden bird and purple flowers. Very soothing.

Beautiful frame all the way around. My only suggestion is to try adding a bit of contrast to the bird. I think the darks could go a bit darker because the colors look a little “thin” as-is, although I am not familiar with this bird.

A magical image Hans…simply beautiful! No nits from me.