Stretching Lark

This is ‘our’ version of the Horned Lark, this one I found on one of the island in the north. Usually hard to find (wintering birds in The Netherlands is small numbers) and to approach, so was pretty happy with this single bird working along :wink: … More can be seen at: https://www.hansoverduin.nl/hooked-on-horned/ . Thanks for any comments ! Cheers, Hans

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Is the Lark too tight in the frame for your taste?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D500 with 500mm f4 | 1/1600s | f4 | ISO200 | underexposed 1/3EV | me lying on the ground

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Interesting pose with the leg as it is; gives a nice sense of motion. The framing/composition looks good to me; nice close-up look.

Lovely low angle with a great pose Hans. I might crop a bit off the bottom and add a bit more back on top.

Sweet image, Hans. A bit tighter in the frame than your usual. If it were mine, I’d probably add canvas , but I don’t think you like to do that much image manipulation. I love the pose and the extended wing.

Nice use of the light and a great low angle. You also got a good view of an interesting pose. I think having a little more room on top will enhance this image.

Hi Hans,

I like the feathers on the lark’s head. Colors are pleasing and you snagged an ideal pose for this bird. Well done…Jim