Spring in The Palouse

Here’s a crop version based on suggestions:

Yeah, I know I am posting a few Palouse shots. I am reprocessing them in Capture One and am finding that I am much, much happier with the result. This was taken in May 2018 as the spring green was coming out. There was a bit of haze/smoke in the far area and I was never able to really get control over that. Hopefully this version works.

Specific Feedback Requested

Does the background look realistic? There wasn’t as much green as the foreground, so it’s naturally browner…

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX 50S, GF 250mm f/4, 1/15 sec @ f/11, ISO 100, Tripod, Polarizer. From Steptoe Butte.

David, I must go there! Really like the image and can see other shots within it. Nice.

Beautifully done, David! Those undulating hills are quite lovely as are the lush greens in this scene. The BG looks just fine to me.

A beautiful image, these green hills are just great. The BG looks good to me. I also like the S-shape made up of the hills in the FG and MG.

@Mario_Cornacchione, @Ed_Lowe, and @Ola_Jovall thank you for the kind comments. Much appreciated. I have one more rather abstract one to post in a day or so…

No problem for me, I love to see this place.Keep them coming !!!

I think the composition is well balanced, the grove of trees in the LLC helps a lot in this regard. Regarding the background, the exposure and contrast look fine, the further away something is, the hazier it usually is in real life. The thing I might consider doing to tweak the background is to warm it up, and add a slight bit more saturation. I would take neither of these things to the level where they are in the foreground, but I think a bit more balance in background warmth and saturation might help.

David if you are in doubt with the brown hills in the background why don’t you cut them? The image enlarged will show better the beautiful remainder. Ilove this photo.

Thanks @Ed_McGuirk, great ideas on the background. I will work it some more.

@Giuseppe_Guadagno, that’s great. I actually have a cropped version as my desktop picture. I’ll post it above.

David, this shows of the textures and colors of the Palouse very well. I like the original because the slightly desaturated colors at the top contrast nicely with very highly saturated greens at the bottom.