Springs First Breath

This is my first post with the new NPN site. I was an infrequent participant many years ago. I’m not sure what I am looking for here. I’m just testing the waters to see if I can fit in with this group. I guess I would like to know if any think this is a compelling image.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

As an image, does it work? Is your eye kept within the frame, or does it wander off? Does it hold your attention for few moments?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

What would you do differently? Is it framed too tightly?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
ISO 400, 150mm, Nikon D700, 1/40 at f11

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I love the gnarly shapes of the foreground trees and the contrast with the leading flower field, Michael. It definitely holds my attention for a while. The one issue I see with it is the amount of bright green in the upper left that pulls my eye in that direction and tries to drag it out of the frame. The grassy area up there is a real pull, but the green bushes behind the main subject also try to take me out of the frame. I hope you stick around. I like this kind of images.

Hi Michael, those are really cool trees and I’m glad you shared them with us. I would like them to stand out more from their surroundings so I think I would move in closer and concentrate on just one of them, so there isn’t as much green grass and foliage to distract from the main subject. The tiny blue flowers would make an intimate landscape all by themselves. A really interesting landscape here that would be fun to explore.