Squirrel

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Any pertinent technical details:

I put up a bird box to try to attract Western Screech Owls and look what I got. Compositionally, does centering the subject work? D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, monopod/gimbal head, 1/1000th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 900, AI Clear, cropped to 1866 x 2421.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Works well for me. Fine portrait of the little fella.

Love it and I like the off axis point of view vs. strait on of the eye. I can almost read into the expression “Ya…I’m squatting, what are you going to do about it!”

I like the perspective with his eye totally looking at you. Had the same thing happen to our owl house, squirrels love it. Wonderful photo Dave.

Dave, I am sure you were disappointed that the owls didn’t get there first, but I am sure you will enjoy watching the squirrel family as well. He is really posing for you, and like Keith said, it is like he is teasing you about him having squatted there first, and what are you going to do about it. Too cute.

Shirley-
I can almost picture him/her putting its little non-opposable thumb to its nose here and making some kind’ve rude noises.

1 Like

With the hole and the location of the eye, I think you composition works just fine, Dave. A very cute image.

Great shot, Doug. You captured this cute little guy well, and its glance to the right clinches the composition. I also use this lens with a D500. You handled it well.