Stabbing Stilt

I alway enjoy getting images of black-necked stilts wading in shallow, still water. Their reflection can add to the interest.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I like the image with its “frozen” droplets indicating action along with the reflection. I decided not sty clone out the foreground stubble for helping with where the bird is in the water. Could it be cloned out to improve the look?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/3200th, f 8.0, 300mm, ISO 1400, Photo AI, cropped to 3590 x 2436

1 Like

I like stilts as well. I like the water droplets and the walking pose. It’s hard to say without a comparison, but I wonder if the image could be a bit brighter. Personally, I like the foreground grass, for me it adds to the environmental sense of the photo.

Your photography seems to just get better and better. This is a fine action shot with the water dribbles and the wake from the bird’s walking. Processing is very good and, like @Allen_Brooks, I like the grass in the foreground. For my taste, the bird could be just a bit brighter (I think). Very nice capture, Dave.

I like the water drops and the pose of the stilt. The reflection adds to image. For me it is a tad too dark.

I think brightening it up did improve it. Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

Hello…I am late to this party but just wanted to chime in that this is a great photo. (I prefer the brightened version). Love the walking and water drop action. I like the grass included and think it would be great without the grass too.

Hi Dave
Just a short comment. I also like the brighter posting.
:grinning: