Stairway to Autumn

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A friend suggested that I might be interested in checking out this park in autumn. It proved to be a great suggestion. The park was closed for the season, but I was able to walk in.
This is the only image on my wall that I haven’t already posted.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

f 8.0, ISO 250
no shutter speed listed

2 Likes

I like this a lot. The stone texture is wonderful.

The composition, with the stone steps leading into the forest, along with the wonderful fall colors all work so well together. I can certainly see this on my wall! It just makes me want to be on the path to discover what is up there. Beautifully done, Chris.

Chris, yes, this is a great invitation to go for a walk. The back light is doing a fine job of showing off the fall colors, while the details in the leaves at the bottom put the viewer right there.

@Ronald_Murphy @linda_mellor @Mark_Seaver Thank you very much for your comments.

1 Like

A path is always inviting. I like that this could be from many different places, so that many more people can identify with being there more than in an aspirational way, if that makes sense. I think sometimes when people can identify with a location from experience, it can draw them in. Your walls must be beautiful. :smile:

@karlag Thanks you for sharing your thoughts on this image.

1 Like

Thats a great shot Chris. Im not sure ive ever seen a leading line formed by leaves, but this photo does it and does it well.

Hi Chris! This is a beautiful shot and I would be proud to have it hanging on my wall. I love the way the leaves guide you up the stairs and into the mysterious opening. Well seen and captured!

@Cameron_Wilcox @Steve_Kennedy Thank you for your descriptive comments.

1 Like