Stealth FIshing

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any feedback is appreciated.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I like the reflection and the simplicity of the palette - but is it too simplistic?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D500 shot at 1/1250 sec f5.6 ISO 450, Nikon PF 500mm
Green Heron was on a sand spit about 30 feet away - so I sat down at the waterline and shot across the water at almost eye level to capture the shot. No cropping - was so close that it filled the viewfinder. Post processed only with Topaz Studio AI Clear…

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ej.jewett

Beautiful detail in the Heron, EJ, and I love the intent pose. The reflection is excellent. I don’t think it’s too simplistic. It incorporates plenty of environment and I see no point in adding flourishes and furbelows.

1 Like

Excellent detail and a very nice pose. Nice reflection as well.

1 Like

Good detail and pose, and I like the POV captured. The palette isn’t too simplistic, but rather reflects the natural environment you found the subject. Nicely seen and presented EJ.

1 Like

It’s a striking photo. I think the sharp detail in the bird, the intense low pose, beautiful reflection and low perspective overcome the unattractiveness of the mud. Not too simplistic at all.

1 Like

EJ, I join with the rest that it is not too simplistic. I love his pose. He really is intent (probably on catching dinner). Wonderful details and color in the heron.

1 Like

Hi Ej
I agree with all the other comments. I really like the Green Heron’s eye in the reflection.
Peter

1 Like