Stellar Salination

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A series of intricate formations, each lined with a fringe of salt, stand out against the dark rock, evoking images of a starry night sky captured in the aftermath of a receding tide. These crystalline halos are the remnants of evaporation, where the seawater once cradling these small basins has yielded to the warmth of the sun and a sea breeze, leaving behind a pattern reminiscent of celestial maps.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

50 mm at ISO 100 and 1ā„125sec at ʒ/20

1 Like

Hey Don,
Iā€™m a sucker for images like this. The repeated patterns and simple color contrast really works for me. Nice image!

1 Like

Very cool, Saundie. I could see playing with the tonality a lot with this one to make it really go starry.

1 Like

Thanks, Matt. I am a sucker for this type of pattern as well. Short rock walks often turn into lengthy and continually sidetracked wanderings. :+1:

Thanks Dennis, I might give that a go! :pray:

Fantastic image Saundie! Instead of starry night sky, my imagination runs wild with nightmares of giant worms with powerful jaws ready to tear me apart. Love the way the formations are distributed across the frame.

1 Like

Thanks Alfredo! Great imagination, it sounds like a scene from the movie Dune! :+1:

Hi Don,
Really cool image, and your descriptions always add greatly to the interpretation. To me, it looked more cellular than celestial, but the description took me to another interpretation, which I greatly enjoyed.
ML