Crossroads +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An intricate maze of sandstone lines converges like time-worn paths on an ancient map.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

18 mm at ISO 640 and 1⁄400sec at ƒ/10

3 Likes

Hi Don - My initial reaction to this image was that it looked like the stone was being stretched apart or perhaps rupturing from some force within. I think it’s very dynamic and seems to convey a sense of motion. It’s a great find and certainly makes for a fascinating image.

Saundie, another excellent image! The structure, lines, tonal variation, and tension make this a compelling abstract. You could clone out that small bright triangle in the lower right corner. The lighting looks great here too. Great find Saundie.

@John_Kilgour @Alfredo_Mora

Love the idea of stone being stretched John! Will look at that small triangle thanks Alfredo. :pray:

This is fantastic. I love the color and texture of this image. It almost looks like a NASA image of a distant galaxy. Well spotted.

1 Like

Thanks Todd, love the distant galaxy idea!:pray:

Thanks Alfredo! :pray:

1 Like

Hi Don, I gotta say, this image stopped my scroll and made me click in to it. The contrasting colors and pleasing shapes and how they are positioned in the frame really makes this a very appealing image to me. Well seen and shot!

1 Like

Thanks John, there’s nothing better than stopping the scroll! :+1: :pray: