Steppe Eagle taking off

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; 1.4X; ISO 160; 1/1250 sec. at F 6.3.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

For some reason it is the position of the legs I like best; seems to suggest movement. But, also nice wing position and head turn. Good detail and nicely composed.

Very dynamic image with a great wing spread and pose with the feed on the branches. Love those parts. I’m distracted by the intensity of the blue sky. Even if it was that saturated I’d work to drop that intensity down something like this:

He sure did pose for you, Jagdeep. Love that wingspan. That head turn just slightly is a nice addition. I do like the desaturated sky that Keith posted. The details are really nice, and I like that he is stepping on the branches. So glad you were able to capture this before he flew away.

Beautiful wingspread and head turn, Jagdeep.