Stolen Moments

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In moments like these, there’s a feeling like you’re pocketing a bit of treasure, but the world doesn’t mind at all. The rocks, ancient and stoic, are letting their stories slip into the sea, and the sea holds them close, whispering them back to the sky. It’s a quiet exchange that feels personal, intimate even, as if you’ve stumbled upon a private ritual. Yet, there’s no guilt in capturing this scene; it’s a gift, freely given by the earth.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

16 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄40sec at ƒ/13

2 Likes

@Ben_van_der_Sande @Ronald_Murphy

New watermark, thanks for the heads-up its much better! :pray:

1 Like

Another wonderful one! The reflection in the shadow of the big rock is so nice! I don’t have a strong preference of color over B/W here – both are very strong – but I do like how the B/W shows off that shadow. In the color version I think the color there draws some attention away from the rest of the scene.

1 Like

Thanks Diane! I am glad to hear the BW perhaps has a slight edge over the color, it is almost always my preference in the landscape space anyway. Thanks again for all your help.