Storm Clouds Brewing

This is a significant storm that was forming over the Continental Divide in Colorado. The colors you see were present in the raw capture and I did bring the purples out.

Specific Feedback Requested

all comments are welcome

Technical Details

Wow, Mother Nature in all her glory. Well done, James. I love the colors and saturation level. I do think I see a bit of haloing along the top of the tree line. Easily fixed. Great shot.

Hi James,
I bet that was cool to see in person! =)
A few things I noticed:

1. There appears to be some CA fringing or some other artifacts created by the HSL sliders or some other cause above the trees.
  2. There is ‘something’ on the very bottom of the frame, a building or something that I would crop out completely as it draws my eye.
  3. The color on the lower part of the horizon looks really off to me, almost neon green. I am not sure what caused that but it is something you’ll want to take a look at.

James,

For which the famous line came “…purple mountain majesties… above the fruited plain…” Ok, not so much purple mountains… but you get the idea.

What a glorious sky! I love the colors and think they are quite realistic too. Although agree with others about mitigating some of the anomalies with both the treeline and mountain line. Not image killers, but noticeable for those photo cynics that most of us are… :slight_smile:

I too noticed the roof top at the bottom, however, it was the few highlight specs that drew me there in the first place, not the building. So I think some easy cleanup there as well.

Minor points to be sure, but what a grand sight! thanks for sharing!

Lon

I just love the drama and color you captured here James. Agree with the others on the haloing.