Streaking Cypress

Slightly cropped original horizontal:

Another ICM play on the Cypress trees at Point Reyes. Not the same tree as my previous post, but I found most all of them quite fascinating and expressive.

For some reason, I was reminded of the article on hues by Tim Parkin - “What Are Hue On About”

I decided to play with the Hue in ACR and discovered by cooling the brown, pale trunks, it revealed some “cool” colors - And I really liked the mix as it added another element to an otherwise standard vertical scan ICM.

Specific Feedback Requested

I’ve included the very slightly cropped original and curious to know if you prefer the square or horizontal format. Which is interesting because it’s clearly a vertical subject.

Feedback and comments always welcome; color, processing, etc. etc.

Thanks for looking and leaving any feedback!

Technical Details

Single frame Nikon D800E, 28-300mm @82mm, f/16 1/4s iso 50, probably polarizer.

I boosted Texture and Clarity in ACR which helped increase the texture and lines.

1 Like

Very nice variation on the theme Lon.
I like both visions but, if forced to, I would opt for the horizontal one.

What I love her is the beautiful color contrast (witch is more evident on the horizontal one).
Very “impressionist” .

These are lovely image Lon with nice color contrast. I enjoyed both crops and each has their own strengths. The horizontal one showcases the blues more but both have some nice diagonal lines.

Thanks for the comments @joaoquintela and @Alfredo_Mora . Appreciate it!