Struggling

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This image was made on our biggest mountain in Portugal, Serra da Estrela. While the local attraction is the fiery yellow leafs of the woods, a small patch of tree caught me and my friend attention. Maybe no more than 20 square meter made my day, and one of the most beautiful (for me) images of my year.

Specific Feedback

The corners are soft as I had to shoot it without a tripod, but is it a deal breaker?

Technical Details

1/320s f/5.0 ISO 1000 @ 100mm

3 Likes

The scattering of the remaining leaves tells the story. Beautiful image.

I really like the layers formed by the contrasting tree trunks (white vs. more grey). The subtle colors are fantastic too.

Joao: In my photographic infancy I used to think shooting an aspen grove would be pretty easy. NOT! I love what you’ve isolated and the overall color palette. Well seen, composed, captured and presented. >=))>

This is just gorgeous, João. The trees have such character. The soft corners aren’t even noticeable.

I always enjoy these types of scenes where the trees have lost most of their autumn colored leaves as it lets the viewer look into the forest and enjoy the shapes and character of the trees beyond the outer perimeter. Beautifully done!

What a beautiful image! I love the tangle of trunks and branches, and the remaining leaves add very nice patches of color. It’s a wonderful scene.

Thank you for your comments everyone :blush: