Strutting His Stuff

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G @ 400mm
ISO 800, 1/800 @ f8
Was cruising around the garden this afternoon and spotted this anole showing off his dewlap. would have preferred a nicer perch but I guess it allowed him to survey his domain. All comments welcome. >=))>

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

A lovely look at him, Bill. Love how the nice head turn that he gave you. I am okay with the perch, but am wondering, if you have the space to the right, giving his face more room and less space on the left of him, since he has his head turned facing towards the right. I do like those flowers on the left though, as they compliment the colors of his dewlap. This is a nice portrait of this little guy.

Bill, the pose, details and colors are awesome, a way cool find! I do wonder about a subtle desat of those two big red areas on the left as their color swamps the red in the anole’s dewlap.

Hi Bill, very nice details captured in the anole - love the extended dewlap - great catch. Agree with desaturating the reds in the background.