Sudden Course Correction

I was at the tide flats, trying for photos of ducks & terns when these two eagles came up out of the grasses and flew right over my head. Fortunately I had camera in hand so I zoomed out and panned with them, holding the button down. This was one of the frames where the eagle in front suddenly went left. The mountain peak and sunlight in the background was purely a fortunate accident as I certainly had no time to consider composition.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is appreciated.

Technical Details

Sony a6500, FE70200 f/2.8 GM @ 114 mm (171mm w/crop factor), ISO-100, f/3.5, 1/4000, hand held.

4 Likes

What a majestic scene! The positions of both Eagles is just great, and then add to that the snowy mountain backdrop makes this just fantastic. Beautiful!

Gary, serendipity is the word. Wow! Nature is magnificent, and when you’re presented with a moment like the one you got, it’s one more reason to appreciate all that is around us. I like this image a lot. The eagles are impressive. To add to the depth and majesty of the scene, we have those mountains in the background. The negative space in the upper half of the image is the perfect backdrop for the action in the foreground. All just fell right into place at the right time.

Tremendous in all respects. I don’t know if I practice forever that I’ll ever have the reflexes to get this kind of shot. I can barely get an eagle photo when it’s calmly sitting in a tree! :laughing:

Phenomenal is all I can muster… Wow.

I agree with @Lon_Overacker , this shot is phenomenal!! It looks like a painting that’s ready to be displayed on a wall. Wonderful!!

1 Like

Amazing capture Gary! Wow!

Great action and wonderful setting here and I love the color palette too ! Apart from great BG I’m also amazed at the fact that you got them well separated.
If this is not 100 % frame, you may further experiment with their placement.

Cheers :heavy_heart_exclamation: