Spring Eagle

One of my favorite Bald Eagle photos of 2019. It flew directly over my head and I was able to catch it with the still snow covered mountains in the background.

Sony a6500, FE100400GM @ 100 mm, ISO-100, f/6.3, 1/3200, hand held.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@garyminish

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Having it calling is an extra bonus, also. The overall clarity of this view is great Gary, and yes, the mountain makes a fine background. The eagle has a great presence in the large view.

I remember this image and I still like this quite a bit. Most eagle shots have blue sky background but you have a very nice mountain here.

I can see why this would be a favorite, Gary. I too remember this image, and you commenting how he flew right over you. Beautiful image of this magnificent bird. If it were mine I would have it printed and framed, and hanging somewhere where folks can enjoy.

This looks like a deluxe Alaska post-card with a very high quality image. Scenic view and calling eagle make this a double bonus. Awesome shot…Jim

I also remember this image. Your timing was perfect.
Really well done!

Amazing to be close enough to use 100 mm, letting you get some detail in the background mountain. A wonderful eagle shot.

Gary,

Incredible image of this stately eagle. Look’s like he’s got an eye on you… :wink:

Lon