Summer daydreaming

The weather has not encouraged photography, clouds, wind, rail and 30 degree temps. So I am posting this Egret on found last summer on Great Island, Old Lyme, Ct.

I adjusted the highlights, clarity and did my best to hide the very white Egrets that were popping through the fern in the foreground. The shot is cropped 20% into 5by7.

Thank you for stopping by.

Peter

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 08/13/19 08:19:11
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/1600
Av(Aperture Value) 10, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3, ISO Speed 400
Lens 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Contemporary 015
Focal Length 562.0mm, Image Quality RAW

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Pleasing pose and environment. Good job on the white plumage. Very good job disguising the egrets in the background, and the large image I hardly notice them. Yes the weather has been a problem but it typically is in April as things transitioned to more accommodating weather.

I agree. This is nice. Exposure is spot on, feather detail looks good, I like the setting, etc. I’d recommend resizing the photo to something like 1500-1800 pixels on the long end before posting so that the detail is better.

I like the pose and the foreground elements are pleasing as well.

Nice image, and you chose your point of view very well here, it gives the heron a look as ‘if it owns the place’. If you have some room to the left on the image, I would include it. Other than that fine as presented. Nice work. Cheers, Hans