Summer iris

70D 50mm

outdoors w natural light… bg added

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Beautifully presented iris with exceptional detail. For my taste the background is too strong a color. It depends on whether you want to go for total impact or the purpose is to show off the iris. Your choice. Either way the iris is a beauty.

Beautiful iris presented well with great details. the color of background is complementary, but overpowering. May be toning it down a little could work. nice composition as well.

Hi Larry
What a gorgeous flower!!! I like black backgrounds and find they do complement flowers.
Perhaps it’s the light on the flower and it’s direction that make the black background not as appealing ??? It seems that the light is coming from the side/back which probably would not happen naturally???
At least that is my guess. And in that regard, a lighter background may work better.

Larry: Interesting reaction to the BG so far. It does grab some attention whereas I suspect a pure black BG would go unremarked. In any event, the flower is beautiful and the capture superb. Very nicely done. >=))>