Summer never ends on Key West

This is another photograph that I had in my Great Blue Heron file, that hoped to find a place to post some day. The shot was taken from my Zodiac on Sept. 9, 2020 at 7:20 AM. The Ospreys were leaving and this back light Blue setting in what was a active Osprey nest, just sold the end of summer.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon 7Dll, Sigma lens 150-600mm, f6.3, 600mm, -1EV, 1/8000, ISO 800. The shot was cropped by 40%. I used DXO Photo Lab 5, Nik Collection Silver Efex Pro 3 to convert the photograph into B&W.
(the shutter was set to auto)

4 Likes

Exquisite light, Peter. I love how you left just a touch of detail in the otherwise silhouetted Heron. I also love how the man-made is juxtaposed with the majestic wildness of the nesting Heron.
Postcard? I’ll take a dozen, please.

1 Like

Very nice. A good idea to convert to B&W and to make a silhouette (almost). Beautiful sky as a BG as well. I love it.

Peter, this does an excellent job of capturing a sense of place with the Heron against an interesting sky.

Nice job on this image. The silhouette really works here with the unusual cloudy background. Nice work.

Hi
Thank you for the comments, It is a honor to post photographs with Nature Photographers Network of talented group of photographers.
Peter

WAY cool!! The Heron is majestic and perfectly positioned on his photogenic perch! The clouds make a perfect BG for the B/W conversion!