Summer sunrise

A typically warm, humid summer morning in these parts. On this morning there was a thin band of cloud on the horizon which meant that the sun could be viewed with the naked eye which reduced the dynamic range of the scene.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything. The gradation in the lower right corner was natural but I’m thinking of lifting those shadows.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Iso 50, 35mm, f11, 1.3s

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This is beautiful, Nathan. Great muted colors and just a very inviting scene. I like the LRC as is, kind of a natural vignette to bring attention toward the sun. No nits here.

Thanks Harley

Superb. I don’t think I’d change anything.

This image looks great Nathan, I wouldn’t change anything. This image is all about the light, which is simply gorgeous.

Thanks guys

Absolutely gorgeous Nathan! Superb in every way.

I agree with Harley and was going to comment the gradation in the LRC works perfectly as a natural vignette and framing to keep the eye in the frame.

I can’t think of a single flaw or anything to suggest. This is masterful and should be printed large and displayed prominently.

Lon

Thanks Lon,

I actually used your LAB colour technique at the end to enhance the colours. Thanks for sharing your technique

1 Like

Such a peaceful, pastel scene. The colors are just perfect. I’ll have to look up Lon’s LAB technique. I love everything about this one, including the slightly darker LRC.

Stunningly beautiful, Nathan. I don’t know how I missed this one.