Sun Worshipper

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I was sitting out in the backyard yesterday waiting for some subjects to shoot and this guy came in to peck up some birdseed crumbs under our feeder and, after a bit he tilted his head up like this and appeared to be… really enjoying the sun. He kept this pose for a while. He was a gentleman and had his snood back out of the way for me. The dark BG is our garage interior. He was way too close to get a full body shot so I settled for a head study.

Specific Feedback

Cropping okay?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, monopod, 1/2000th, f 8.0, 675mm, ISO 4500, Photo AI, cropped to 2954 x 3415

1 Like

Probably my favorite of the turkey shots you’ve posted, Dave. A wonderful portrait and the title just fits perfectly.

Really nice capture, Dave, If I’m the king of the foxes, you are king of the turkeys! And, as Dennis mentioned, a very fitting caption.

This is so unusual and cool. For a creature with basically no face muscles, this guy looks like he has an expression. Such vivid colors on him, too. Breeding season takes a lot out of the males with all the defending they need to do. Good job hiding the open garage.

Cool and fun!! Perfect composition for that wonderful pose!

Love this portrait! The dark background really sets the turkey off nicely. The light on the feathers is really beautiful and I just love his pose for you… with the half closed eyes and a slight smile! The sun makes me do that too!

Hi Dave, nice pose and details. The black BG really works too. Vertical composition with room in front is nice - well done.

Hello, Dave, the bird really seems to be enjoying the warmth of the sun. Nicely executed ! Cheers, Hans

Great photo that suits the title well :sun_with_face: :sunglasses: :sunflower:

Dave, I really love the pose you captured here. He looks like he is really enjoying himself and the warmth of the sun. Congratulations on Editor’s Pick!