Sunburst peake

Sunburst peak in Assiniboine park. All critiques, opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks for looking:beers:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
6 Likes

Beautiful composition, Blake. That opening in the cloud that allows the light to shine on Sunburst peak is very very nicely captured. I like how you have maintained details on that bright area. Well done.

1 Like

Blake: Spectacular light and a wonderful comp and capture. :+1::+1:>=))>

1 Like

Blake, I agree with the others on the wonderful comp and how you handled the light. What really catches my attention is your treatment of the subtle color in the(dead?) trees in a nearly monochromatic scene. To me that color takes this scene up a notch and adds interest. Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Again great light :+1:

I like the mood created by the desaturated shadows

1 Like

Spectacular. Interesting usage of selective color. I’m not sure it improves the image but it’s kind of cool. The peak itself has a strong personality which is what holds the image for me.

1 Like

Blake, as others have mentioned, the de-saturated shadows and selective color adjustments have created a unique look, and a very painterly feeling in this image. The light on the snow at the base of the mountain is just plain gorgeous. If anything, I would suggest reducing the exposure of the very brightest highlights in the URC, when I downloaded this image and tried that, it made the spotlighting effect on the mountain even more prominent. The composition is perfect. This is a very well crafted image, outstanding work !!!

1 Like

Looks chilly and cold, Blake. Those are amazingly rugged mountains. The touch of light at the bottom is a fine extra bit. I think some subtle burning in of the bright sky, urc, would let that central mountain grab a bit more attention.

1 Like

This is outstanding, Blake. The view is breathtaking and I love that light on the snow lying at the base of the mountains. I too like the understated color in the trees as it adds another lovely element to the scene. My only suggestion would be the already mentioned reducing the bright area toward the URC. Gorgeous image.

1 Like

Excellent composition, Blake, and a beautifully judged tonality. There must have been a temptation to lighten or sat the fg trees, but they seem absolutely right to me in this image, reflecting as they do those threatening clouds.

1 Like

Thanks @Adhika_Lie @Bill_Fach @Nathan_Klein @Igor_Doncov @Ed_McGuirk @Mark_Seaver @Ed_Lowe @Ian_Wolfenden, very thoughtful and helpful feedback. I’m a bit torn on the saturation, I definitely prefer the more natural look but I tend to go to far with the processing some times. I tweaked the image a bit adding a bit of vignette to bring down the highlights in the URC and a added bit of saturation. Thanks again :beers:

Blake,

The quality of light here is sublime and your final edit is gorgeous.

Can’t offer any additional suggestions that haven’t already been mentioned or that you’ve tweaked.

Beautiful mountain landscape image.

Lon

1 Like

Blake this is a superb shot. I saw the OP and was going to suggest a boost in saturation as the original looked slightly musted to my eye. I think you’ve got it spot on in this shot. Nicely done

1 Like

It is really a splendid, grand scene, masterly represented. Everything contributes to a beautiful image.

1 Like