Sunray

While visiting the San Antonio Botanic Gardens this past week, the lighting from this palm plant caught me completely off guard as I thought it would be way too late (10ish in the morning) to get any good back lighting. But to my surprise this little palm was situated in a spot that was just getting some sun as I arrived.

I cropped about 50% because I like focusing on the fibers that are swirling around in front of and behind the leaves. Creating, at least for me, some fun shapes and silhouettes.

Nikon D7200, f/13, 1/100sec., iso 200, @ 65mm, handheld.
Any thoughts, comments and/or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

Linda, palm leaves and their swirling fibers make excellent backlit subjects. This view looks very good with the leaf shadows in the center adding interest. Not having the red leaf on the right would be nice, but clearly the situation prevented that kind of “adjustment”.

Very cool image, Linda. OI especially like the contrast of the sharp leaves and the curves of…whatever you call them… :slight_smile:

Thanks so much, @Mark_Seaver and @David_Bostock for your kind thoughts. Mark, I agree about the red leaf and considered cloning or burning it however at least for now, family heath issues are my main priority. Perhaps in the near future I’ll have more time to play with the possibilities. Thanks again.

Wonderful find, well photographed!

Best wishes for a good outcome for the family issues!