Sunrise Blush

I have always enjoyed spending time at Cape Henlopen SP in DE and with Covid wrecking it’s havoc and showing no signs of slowing down my wife and I booked three two day camping trips with our camper here this past year as it is only two hours from home. This was an early morning sunrise I captured during one of those trips and I only had to share this spot with one other person this particular morning.

There is obviously not a lot of interesting FG elements to put in the scene so I just try to catch some interesting wave patterns as they draw back across the sand. I had my water shoes on and my hand on the tripod knowing that I would be getting my feet and tripod wet as I set up low to the beach. This turned out to be one of my favorites from that morning.

As always thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D800, Nikon 17-35 @ 28mm, f 18 @ 0.4 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod.

1 Like

I can see why this is a favorite. The wave gives a nice sense of motion and leads into the scene. The dapples of color in the wash are great. Really nice.

1 Like

Ed, this is a beauty! The rush of surf with the variety of colors in the foreground leads well into the lovely sunrise and far distant clouds. This is very well done.

1 Like

All said above – gorgeously photographed!

1 Like

Thanks so much @Harley_Goldman, @Mark_Seaver and @Diane_Miller; glad everyone enjoyed the image.