Sunrise on the Little Colorado

It was so worth the early wakeup to ferry across the big Colorado River and hike a little ways up the Little Colorado, whose water is an unreal blue (as long as it hasn’t rained recently and washed brown runoff down), and it flows over these terraces.

I hope for this image to get across some of the feeling of watching the day begin in this strange and truly grand landscape.

And to the point of the challenge, I waded into the water for this shot so I could get up fairly close to the terrace edge that’s in the LLC.

3 Likes

Jim, your decision, to emphasize water flowing over the terrace, looks great. The shaft of warm sun and it’s reflection are quite a change of pace with respect to the subtle turquoise color of the water and the mostly cloudy sky.

1 Like

Fabulous image! Well captured and stunning. No nits.

1 Like

James, this is really nicely seen and your efforts were definitely rewarded. That ledge, the colors and reflection leading to the red rock are just beautiful. Not sure what your shutter speed was but I do think it was just right for my taste
No nits here.

1 Like

Really nice. That golden light reflected in the water is superb. Excellent comp also.
:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Just gorgeous! Your choices in composition and the reflected colors are excellent.

1 Like