Sunset after a day on skis

I visit Tänndalen in Härjedalen Sweden each year a few weeks in the autumn and during the winter. This image where taken after a day on the skis, we just have to pass the trees and ski down the hill to our cottage.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Oh this scene makes me want to walk through my screen right into it. The skiing must have been perfect that day - that you’ve achieved a state of exulted exhaustion if you know what I mean. The sun and the trees seem to exude that as well. Let’s see…can I get in more ex words? Excellent! Exuberant! Extraordinary! Exemplary! The colors are subdued, but not dreary in the least. I might brighten the snow just a tad, but other than that this is a relaxing and inviting image (sorry, ran out of ex words). :grinning:

What a winter wonderland, Ola. I can see why you like to visit this area as this is lovely. It sounds as though you had the perfect day as you made your way to your cabin. My only suggestion would be to brighten the snow as @Kris_Smith already mentioned. This looks cold while still being inviting. Beautiful image.

Ola, this looks great. The cloudy sky with the sun and it’s mix of subtle colors is very inviting. I like how the snow is reflecting some of the colors from the sky.

Beautiful warm light on a cold scene. Very serene mood, too. Really nice.

@Ed_Lowe, @Kris_Smith, @Mark_Seaver and @Harley_Goldman thanks for your kind comments.

Kristen and Ed, I agree the image will become better if the snow is brigthened somewhat.