Sunset at the Beach

High tides created a pool behind the main sand.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5D mk IV; 100/400 at 158; 1/40th; ISO 500; 9.0; cloudy; +1/3rd.

2 Likes

I really love the colors here. Excellent reflection. And the silhouette of the birds is a nice treat.

Yes, the colors are so beautiful. So is the simplicity of the scene. I couldn’t figure out what I was looking at until I read your explanation! Super catch!

Beautiful image. One small nit, in the subjective category: the birds create a bit more symetrical image than I prefer. I would consider a small crop off the bottom, and a crop off either side to move the birds out of the center and the horizon line farther away from midline. But, as is, it is stunning!

The lighting is exquisite as are the warm shades of pastel color, Jim. I love the simplicity of this scene. This is being real nit picky and it may not be something that you want to do, but if this was mine I would consider cloning out two sets of two birds where they merge. That would take an already excellent image up another notch. I am really liking this image.

1 Like

James, this is very peaceful and beautiful. The birds add well to the sense of serenity.

Beautiful, simple and serene. I like @Ed_Lowe 's clone suggestion. Looks great, Jim.

Hi Jim! This is a beautiful image. After reading all the comments I can’t think of anything new to add. Great work!

@Ed_Lowe - I don’t understand your comment to remove two sets of birds “where they merge”. Three sets of birds: left, center, and right. I think you’re saying to remove two of the three sets, but I’m not quite following the “merge” part! I need my cup of coffee…that might help my brain!

Hi @Mark_Muller,
I was referring to a pair of birds on the far right and a pair in the middle that merge together. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Thank you everyone. Tony, I understand your concerns, but since the birds seem to be looking is all directions, I thought leaving them centered was OK. Ed, your clone suggestion is one for careful consideration. Again, thanks to all of you.