Sunset

Hey everybody.

Last weekend i went on a local phototrip and we ended up closing with a non-planed sunset shoot.
The light was starting to change when we found a spot and i sticked with this composition and waited.
The light started to glow on the mountain while maintaining the surrounding areas a bit darker and this is the image i came up with.
Hope you all enjoy.
Cheers

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I aplied some LMasks to change the mood to what i remenber the scene to look like, but my main doubt about this image is, have i gone to far on the post processing (mainly on the lower part)?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Is there anything you would change on the composition?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Single exposure, polarizer and ND filter to input some movement on the clouds.
Lmasks to add contrast and light control.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

jferrao88

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi João,

I like the composition. A simple and compelling sunset. On my screen, the darks look a little too dark and some of the black areas look like they’re getting clipped. You might lift some of the shadows a touch to maintain the nice dynamic range but preserve some of the detail.

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Hey @Adam_Bolyard, thanks for the feedback.
I left the lower part a bit darker to create a vignette effect but it may be a bit to dark. On my screen seams ok, but my screen is not calibrated, I’ll give it a look on other screen to see “with other eyes”.
Thanks again.
Cheers

P.s.: so I edited the image to push the shadows a bit, it makes a big difference.

1 Like

The re-edited image is definitely better in my opinion. I like the warm and the textures here.

1 Like

Thanks @Tom_Nevesely for the feedback I like the rework version more too.
Cheers