Swainson's Thrush

A wet bird, but for once it’s not from my pools. It was raining here most of the day Wednesday and I thought it might make for some different images so I went out to the blind for awhile. I didn’t get a whole lot, but this bird came in right after I got set up and gave me a dozen frames. This was my favorite head turn.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. I didn’t do too much to this, though I did clean up the perch a touch and removed an out-of-focus portion of it on the far right of the frame.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Hows the crop? Any other issues?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 435 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, f/8, 1/400, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC, Neat Image for noise reduction. Cropped to 2952x3444 before resizing. Taken on July 10th with light rain.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice head turn and detail. I like the little streaks of rain. Crop looks fine. A species I rarely see in Northern Ca. Thanks for posting.

Hi Dennis, I like the head turn and the water drops. Curved perch is nice too. well done.