Black-throated Gray Warbler

This bird has been a regular visitor to the ponds at my blind, but comes in so quickly that I’ve yet to get an image of him while he’s still completely dry. He wasn’t too bad in this one.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. I didn’t do much to this image except tilt it just a bit clockwise, crop slightly and use content aware fill to fill in the corners.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick, f/8, 1/400, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image. A bit of rotation and slight crop. Final size was 4999x3466 before resizing for web. Taken July 10 at 3:23 pm under cloudy skies.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Dennis, another fine “wet” image - I like the wet look of the birds you’ve been posting. Fine details - sharp where it needs to be. Pleasing background.

Nice comp. Detail and techs are excellent. BG works quite well. The eye reflection is a little unusual.

Another nice “wet bird” from your setup in your yard, Dennis. I’m loving them. I’m not familiar with this warbler, so enjoying seeing a species from the west coast. The details are really good where they need to be. Nice natural perch.

Difficult species well captured. Good detail and pose. Consider removing the additional catchlights in the eye. Background compliments the subject.