Black-throated Gray Warbler

For some reason I’ve had very few warblers coming to my pools this year. The only others were an extremely short visit from a Wilson’s and early on a Yellow-rumped. This one’s been coming in for the last 10 days or so.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. There was quite a bit of cleanup of debris in the water and I toned down the upper part of the background significantly.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/640, iso 1250, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image, Plumage enhancement with Topaz Detail 3. Cropped to 4808x3344. Taken August 8th at 1:50 pm (I get shade on my pools from about noon to two).

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I understand the wildlife sometimes coming in streaks, Dennis, though I don’t understand the reason(s) for it. However, it’s always fun to catch a bird bathing, and you did a fine job of it here. I like the pose of this little guy, and the details are wonderful. Nice shot.

Wonderful shot, Dennis. The details are really great, and the water droplets in air indicate the motion of him taking his bath. You really have a very natural looking setup.

Really enjoy the details in the feather Dennis. And the expression on this little guys face, seems he is totally enjoying his bath.

Hi Dennis
I never new there were so many times of Warbler, is a Black & White? As always the framing, bathing, color and detail are great. Nice work.
Peter