Orange-crowned Warbler in the Bath

I think I’m going to dub this the “warbler bath”. It was my first serious attempt with hyper-tufa and it’s relatively small and very shallow. It’s my go-to bath for warblers, chickadees, nuthatches and other small birds. This is the first warbler I’ve caught this year, though we’ve heard others and seen the Yellow-rumped around (but they’re here all winter).

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Sony a6500, FE200-600 @ 600 mm, tripod with ball head and Sidekick mount, f/8, 1/800, iso 1600, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Noise reduction with Neat Image, feather enhancement with Topaz Detail 3. Cropped to 3266x2800. Removed some debris from the rocks, added a little blur to the pool structure in the far left and burned it a touch. Cloned the barest fringe of the front edge of the pool that entered the bottom left of the frame. A final touch of light and warmth to the face using the LR local adjustment brush.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I like your composition. The water, rocks, and background work well in the scene. Good pose by the warbler and good detail.

A sweet image. Well composed with pleasing yellow tones and plumage texture. The complementary green hues of the water and BG contribute to a nice image.

Hi Dennis
The framing and bath setting work very well to gather. Topaz Detail 3 did a great job on the feather enhancement. Nice work.
Peter

A great setting, and a beautiful subject, Dennis. You really have a nice setup for them, it is only fair that they pose for you.

I agree with Shirley, great setup for the little birds. He looks like he is saying “thanks.” Nicely done.