Swallow Central

I thought this was pretty cool seeing four different swallow species together like this. (Tree, Violet-green, Cliff, and Barn Swallows). This was taken at a local sewage pond were the swallows like to hang out and feed.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D: Sigma 150-600 at 215 mm; 1/1000 at f 7.1, -2/3 EV; ISO 800
Processed in LR and PS. Interestingly, “select subject” was perfect in LR to highlight all the swallows, but less than 50% in PS.

1 Like

Quite impressive, Allen. I love the varieties of birds sharing the barbed wire.

1 Like

An interesting assembly, Allen. I find it odd that the wires look in focus across the frame, but the birds on our right seem quite soft.

1 Like

Nice look at a variety of species. Interesting image showing these different types of swallows.

1 Like

What an interesting photo. How fortunate to get all the birds to pose for you :grinning: Maybe it’s my monitor, but I find it hard to pick out the birds from the background. I’m not great at editing, but Is there any way to blur the background more and either lighten or darken it, then highlight the birds more? Great capture, though.

1 Like

ha, this is a quite original image, and I love the title you gave this post :slight_smile: ! Indeed, Dennis’ observation about the wires and the OOF birds crossed my mind as well, it could be due to movement of the birds? Either way, a fine image ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like